Best Ways to Treat Large Pores
One of the most frequent questions in skin care is about “pores” or “enlarged pores” and how to treat them. It’s one of the most common skin care issues that plagues us. So what can we do? Well , let’s start by saying that pores are normal and necessary even if enlarged pores can be bothersome , but if you are interested in reducing the appearance of your pores, there are things that can be done. Here are some solutions to get you closer to the pores of your dreams.
What are pores?
Pores are small openings around hair follicles and sweat glands that help gases and liquids move through the surface of your skin. It is also where the sebum (our body’s natural oils) is released to the surface to help keep our skin naturally moisturized. Pores serve an important function and are necessary to maintaining healthy skin.
What causes enlarged pores?
The most common causes of enlarged pores are :
- Genetics : pore sizes vary from person to person and are largely dependent on genetics meaning that it can be inherited from your family line.
- age : with aging, skin loses elasticity which makes pores look bigger
- oil productions : when you skin produces excess oil, dead skin cells and dirt collect in your pores, which make them appear bigger.
-sun damage : Sun damage can thicken the skin leading to bigger pores. Indeed, prolonged sun exposure can reduce collagen, elastin and water from your skin, making your skin sagg and pores appear bigger.
Does and don’t for enlarged pores
- Use only non-comedogenic skin care products and makeup. Avoid irritating ingredients like alcohol and fragrances.
- Cleanse twice a day : Clogged pores can make pores look larger. Cleansing thoroughly helps remove impurities, dead cells, and excess oil keeping them from clogging your pores. We recommend trying the Kadalys Cleansing Gel.
- Use a clay mask weekly to absorb the excess sebum. This can have a positive effect on the appearance of your pores, try Nectarome’s Purifying White Clay mask.
-Use products that are rich in antioxidants to protect the skin from harmful outside influences and products that contain Niacinamide or Retinols to minimize the appearance of pores. Great A-beauty serums to try for this are the Freya + Bailey Doyenne! Serum and Melyon’s Detox Serum. You could also try Kadalys’ Organic Exfoliating Peeling.
- Use a SPF everyday. As explained previously , sun damage can disrupt the skin's normal function and lead to enlarged pores. So if you are not already using SPF to protect yourself from the dangers of UVA and UVB rays, do it for your pores.
You can also try seeing a licensed esthetician or dermatologist for more procedures that can help minimize the size of pores like chemical peels, laser treatments, microdermabrasion and microneedling.
If you like this article please pin it or share it with a friend who would love to try these tips.
Photo by Monstera from Pexels.